Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Feast Day of Saints Peter and Paul


I have just stayed up way too late watching a failed Washington Nationals game and decided to wish all of my readership, whomever that may be, a very happy Feast of Sts. Peter and Paul. A wonderful time to remember the two chief apostles, and to remember the unity in which they lived, and in which we should ascribe to live. As Orthodox Christians we have arguments and differences, but on this feast day please remember that we are all part of a luminous family with an unconquerable Head. Note: The first picture shown is a close up of my small icon of Sts. Peter and Paul given to me by my Serbian Orthodox "Aunt" (she isn't my aunt by blood but in every other sense) who you can see pictured below with the author in the temple at All Merciful Savior Monastery on Vashon Island near Seattle where she lives. I know the icon is not the most traditional, but the fact that it is a gift makes it more valuable to me than many other "canonical" icons I own. I also included a picture of my icon corner for any interested.



No comments:

Post a Comment